Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), the US sports team ownership group, has announced a new partnership with technology consultancy firm Nisum to boost fan engagement with its franchises.

MSE owns the National Hockey League's Washington Capitals, National Basketball Association’s Washington Wizards, Women’s National Basketball Association’s Washington Mystics, esports’ Wizards Districts Gaming (which competes in the NBA 2K League), and the NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go.

Under the partnership, Nisum will provide strategic and tactical IT services and solutions to deliver new experiences and engagement for MSE’s various fan bases, stakeholders, and partners.

Specifically, MSE has said it will tap into Nisum’s expertise in customer experience, digital innovation, data strategies, and methodologies, to create “seamless omnichannel experiences” by exporting the in-stadium experience to a broader virtual fan base.

Tina Wung, Nisum’s vice president of growth marketing and revenue, said: “The heart of Nisum’s work is to power life’s amazing moments with the best technology.

“There is no better opportunity to do that than through the connectivity and bonds people create through a shared love of sports. Nisum is very excited to join the Monumental family and create memorable experiences for millions of fans.”

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

The partnership comes a year after MSE announced Charles Myers as its first chief technology operator to oversee a new department that manages MSE’s information technology, engineering, cyber security, digital development, and new technologies, as well as any other needs the group has in that sector.

The same year, the company announced Canadian billionaire businessman and former president of e-commerce company eBay Jeff Skoll as a minority investor.

Adam Heintz, senior vice president of business intelligence at MSE, has now said: “This partnership with Nisum is another significant step in advancing Monumental Sports, one of the premier sports ecosystems in the country, in delivering a series of amazing, connected experiences for our fans.

“We are proud to add Nisum to our strong network of partners, augmenting this top-tier group with their technical expertise, strategic leadership, and high-quality delivery from a global workforce.”

Last year, MSE also struck an agreement with US media giant Comcast to acquire full ownership of regional sports network NBC Sports Washington. MSE already owned 33% of the network but the new deal saw the company gain NBCUniversal’s remaining 67% majority stake.

NBC Sports Washington is one of NBCUniversal’s six regional sports networks covering the District of Colombia, Maryland, Virginia, and parts of Pennsylvania.

It holds rights to show games involving the Wizards and Capitals, as part of its deal to be the regional television home for both teams struck back in 1984, as well as MSE’s other teams including the Mystics, Wizards District Gaming, and Capital City Go-Go.