Monumental Sports Network (MSN), the regional sports network formerly known as NBC Sports Washington, will integrate financial services and trading platform Robinhood into its broadcasts of NBA basketball’s Washington Wizards as part of the pair’s new partnership.

Under the agreement, Robinhood branding and marketing will be featured on the Wizards’ broadcast coverage on MSN, including as the presenting sponsor for the team’s post-game live show as well as hosting the in-game ‘mic’d up’ features.

In addition to signage throughout the home Capital One Arena venue and the greater Washington region, Robinhood will also be included in pre-and-post-game commercials.

Jim Van Stone, president of business operations and chief commercial officer at MSE, said: “We’re excited to take our partnership with Robinhood even further beyond the Wizards jersey patch to include one of our newest and most impactful platforms – MSN.

“Via our local linear and digital network, the potential for Robinhood’s expansion through our fanbase is limitless.”

The broadcast integration announcement comes days after Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), the US sports team ownership group and parent company of MSN, unveiled its new multi-year partnership with Robinhood that sees the company become the official brokerage partner of the Wizards through the 2025-26 season.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

As part of that partnership, Robinhood has become the team’s jersey patch partner for the 2023-24 season, with the company’s logo displayed prominently on all editions of the Wizards’ jerseys starting with yesterday’s (October 25) season opener against the Indian Pacers.

The Wizards were without a jersey patch sponsor last season.

At the time, MSE said the deal would open up more opportunities for Robinhood to be integrated as a partner across the ownership group’s collection of franchises.

Along with the Wizards, MSE owns the National Hockey League’s Washington Capital, Women’s National Basketball Association’s Washington Mystics, esports’ Wizards Districts Gaming (which competes in the NBA 2K League, and the NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go.

MSE officially launched the rebranded MSN last month, a year after striking an agreement with US media giant Comcast to acquire full ownership of regional sports network NBC Sports Washington.

MSE already owned 33% of the network but the new deal saw the company gain NBCUniversal’s remaining 67% majority stake.

NBC Sports Washington is one of NBCUniversal’s six regional sports networks covering the District of Colombia, Maryland, Virginia, and parts of Pennsylvania.

It holds rights to show games involving the Wizards and Capitals, as part of its deal to be the regional television home for both teams struck back in 1984, as well as MSE’s other teams including the Mystics, Wizards District Gaming, and Capital City Go-Go.

Friday Abernethy, general manager for MSN said: “We’ve ushered in a new era of sports broadcasting excellence with MSN, where we proudly welcome our new partner, Robinhood, across all platforms.

“Together, we will amplify the spirit of the game across every screen to create an unforgettable experience for our fans.”