Italian soccer’s Serie A has issued a request for proposals (RFP) for betting and data rights to its competitions from 2024-25 onwards.
The RFP went live on Friday (August 4) and covers a five-year period through the 2028-29 season.
The league has set a deadline of August 31 for interested parties to submit offers.
A total of eight packages have been made available covering the top-flight Serie A, the Coppa Italia knockout competition, and the Supercoppa, the annual fixture traditionally contested by the league and cup winners that will switch to a four-team tournament from next year.
The packages on offer are:
- Package A. – Sports Betting International Package: including media rights and data of matches for sports betting sector and available for the international territory.
- Package B. – Sports Betting Italy Package: including data of matches for sports betting sector and available for the Italian territory.
- Package C. – Media Data Package: including data of matches for media sector and available for the global territory.
- Package D. – Sports Betting Tracking Data Package: tracking data for betting exploitation and available for the global territory.
- Package E. – Media Tracking Data Package: tracking data for editorial purposes and available for the global territory.
- Package F(a). – Sports Betting Package: aggregation of Packages A. and B.
- Package F(b). – Sports Betting Plus Package: aggregation of Packages A. B. C. D. and E.
- Package F(c). – Media Data Package Plus: aggregation of Packages C and E.
The Italian top-flight’s betting streaming and data rights are presently held by Stats Perform for the 2021-22 to 2023-24 cycle.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The international sports and data technology provider secured the contracts for both the sports betting and media data packages from the league.
The packages include media rights and data of matches for the international sports betting sector and data of matches for the media sector for a three-year period.
Serie A achieved a 45% increase in the value of its betting rights through the deal with Stats Perform compared to its previous agreement with international sports and entertainment agency IMG.
IMG had held betting rights to Serie A under an international media rights deal for the 2018-19 to 2020-21 cycle that was worth €361 million ($395 million) per annum.
Established agencies in the betting rights market such as Stats Perform, IMG Arena, Genius Sports, and Sportradar could all be in the mix and may face competition from Infront Bettor, the new betting division launched by the international sports marketing agency last year.
Serie A last week unveiled the terms and conditions of the tender process for its overseas broadcast rights from 2024-25 onwards.
The Swiss-based Infront agency currently sells Serie A’s broadcast rights in all territories except the Middle East and North Africa, for the 2021-24 cycle.
Image: Francesco Pecoraro/Getty Images