SportAccord today confirmed close to twenty-five speakers for the upcoming SportAccord World Sport and Business Summit. SportAccord will be held from 15 – 20 April 2018 at the Centara Grand & Bangkok Convention Centre, Thailand.
“We have an amazing SportAccord lined up for 2018, across the conference, the exhibition and the many programmes and events that comprise SportAccord, said Nis Hatt, Managing Director of SportAccord.
“Attendees will have the opportunity to experience many new elements this year, most notably the new HealthAccord conference stream, additional events, hospitality and networking areas, as well as the unique Thai Pavilion. We’re looking forward to hosting the most prestigious annual sports business event for sport and industry, towards creating a better future for the global sports community and citizens worldwide.”
This year’s SportAccord Summit (Plenary) is focused on "Uniting A Global Audience: Marketing and Sponsorship for the Future." Continuing the theme of ‘sponsorship and marketing’ throughout the conference programme, speakers will be representing organisations across the entire sports business landscape including industry, international sports federations, cities and regions, as well as legal and medical experts. Confirmed speakers include:
• Weerasak Kowsurat, Minister, Ministry of Tourism and Sports, Thailand
• Adolfo Bara, Managing Director Sales & Marketing, La Liga
• Caroline Baxter Tresise, International Consultant, Social and Human Resources, UNESCO
• Charmaine Crooks C.M. Olympic Medalist, President, NGU Consultants
• Craig Howe, CEO & Founder, Rebel Ventures
• David Eades, Journalist and Anchor, BBC World
• David Simon, President, Los Angeles Sports Council
• Frederique Reynertz, Director of Legal and Business Affairs Department, IAAF
• Giles D. Morgan, Independent Advisor and Former Global Head of Sponsorship & Events, HSBC Holdings PLC
• Guy Port, Managing Director Asia, Nielsen Sports
• Hayden Opie, Senior Fellow (Melbourne Law Masters), University of Melbourne
• James Pearce, Sports Broadcaster, BBC
• Jeff Benz, CEDS, JAMS Mediator and Arbitrator and former General Counsel of the United States Olympic Committee
• Kim Andersen, President, World Sailing
• Laurie Cavan, GM Parks, Recreation & Culture, City of Surrey, BC, Canada
• Margo Mountjoy, Chair, ASOIF Medical + Scientific Consultative Group, IOC Medical + Scientific Commission-Games Group FINA Bureau
• Matteo Vitello, Business Relations Manager, Technogym SPA
• Matthieu Reeb, Secretary General, Court of Arbitration for Sport
• Melanie Duparc, Coordinator, Smart Cities & Sport
• Michael Lenard, Vice President, ICAS
• Prof. Fabio Pigozzi, President, FIMS (International Federation of Sports Medicine) & Member of the IOC Medical and Scientific Commission – Medical and Scientific Group
• Stephen Townley, Chairman, Active Rights Management Ltd
• Thomas Lund, Secretary General, Badminton World Federation
• Troy Pugmire, Managing Director, Gramercy Global Media
The SportAccord 2018 conference programme comprises five key streams including: The Summit, CityAccord, LawAccord, MediaAccord and HealthAccord. The conference programme, exhibition, networking and cultural events can be attended by delegates who register at www.sportaccord.com.
Follow developments and updates via Twitter @sportaccord using #sportaccord, as well as LinkedIn and on Facebook.
For Exhibition or Partner enquiries, please contact the sales team: email@example.com or phone +41 (0)79 126 08 42.
For media enquiries, email the Media Relations Officer: jenny.edmondson@sportaccord