The recent Global TV report on Formula One published by Sports Marketing Surveys shows that Formula One is maintaining its strong position as a dominant sport throughout the World.
Despite increasing fragmentation of TV audiences Formula One in 2000 achieved global audiences comparable to those of 1999.
1. Live race audiences grew in Italy by a massive 23% and in Germany by 19%
2. Audiences for the Brazilian GP were the highest – shown in prime time in Europe
3. Global audiences maintained an average of 250-300 million per race with the USA GP maintaining large interest
4. Dominant sponsors were West, Mobil and Marlboro
5. Sophistication of camera techniques enhance exposure on cars and drivers’ suits
For further details of Formula One Research contact:
Tel. +44 (0)1932 350600
Fax. +44 (0)1932 350375