ThinkSport today released a detailed conference programme for the second edition of THE SPOT, to be held on 28-29 May 2019 at the SwissTech Convention Center in Lausanne. Following last year’s successful sell-out inaugural edition, the international sport and innovation event will once again bring together a host of talent, original ideas and innovative solutions from both inside and outside the sports industry.
The conference, which is one part of THE SPOT experience, will feature an exciting mix of presentations and engaging interactive sessions. Discussions will focus on four hot topics:
• Athletes: The bar is getting higher – how to clear it
• Industry: New materials, new products, new business models
• Society: Sport is good for you!
• Entertainment: It’s not all about winning
Topics will include everything from the “techno athlete”, the innovation mindset, designing for the future of sport, VAR and Video Technology in sport, how the plastic issue has turned the tide on sustainability, and Esports, the betting explosion and the virtual extension of sport, to name just a few. You can find out more here.
Scott Kegley, Executive Director of Digital Media & Innovation at NFL franchise Minnesota Vikings, and Tori Willis, Marketing Manager – Loyalty at SKIDATA, will deliver the opening keynote address, entitled Fan Engagement: Disruption Is Opportunity. Scott and Tori will explain how market leaders like the NFL respond to a fast-changing media environment by riding the waves of disruption to keep their fans loyal and engaged.
Cathy Pearl, Head of Conversation Design Outreach at Google, will kick off day two by sharing her insights on new audio and voice-recognition technologies, which change the ways people learn about, play and enjoy sports. She will reflect on how rights owners and brands can use and benefit from the “hot” medium of voice.
Top speakers from a variety of sectors
Other newly confirmed world-class speakers include:
• Jamie Paik, Director of the Reconfigurable Robotics Lab at EPFL
• Julia Pallé, Senior Sustainability Consultant at Formula E
• Gerry Pennell, Chief Information & Technology Officer at the IOC
• Caty Tedman, Head of Partnerships at Dapper Labs
• Anne-Cécile Turner, Sustainability Director at The Ocean Race
• Zvonimir Boban, Deputy Secretary General at FIFA
ThinkSport Director Anna Hellman said: “We are thankful we have been able to attract so many brilliant speakers and thinkers to THE SPOT. It’s a great mix. Hailing from all different sorts of sectors, from within our unique ecosystem in the region as well as from across the globe, they will all play an important part in making THE SPOT a special and unforgettable experience for everyone, which remains our ultimate goal.”
THE SPOT has already attracted a large number of registrations from the business, sports organisation, and academics worlds. Check out other participants here.
THE SPOT – anything but conventional
In addition to the conference programme, THE SPOT will deliver a wide range of content and experiences to participants, all at the same time in an open space and a dynamic atmosphere:
• The Marketplace and the Demo Zone, where participants can present and discover new products and solutions at stands that change every day.
• A two-day start-up battle that will see dozens of young companies go toe-to-toe, with eager investors looking one.
• Countless networking opportunities, including fun, social fringe events, making THE SPOT a place where new cross-sector partnerships and projects are born.