Sportsmedia Broadcasting, the UK’s leading provider of bespoke radio sports bulletins is delighted to announce an agreement with The Classic Gold Digital Network to provide it with bespoke sports bulletins.
Sportsmedia’s programming will slot live and direct into Classic Gold’s entire network of AM and DAB stations across England and Wales. The studio-based broadcasts will also contain live on-site reports from major sports events and interview clips with a who’s who of sport.
As always, Sportsmedia’s sponsorship clients will wholly support the bulletins. The company’s staff skillfully broadcast commercial messages within the editorial environment of each bulletin, thus delivering high attention messaging without compromising the information or reporting.
Commenting on the deal, Jonny Gould, Managing Director, Sportsmedia Broadcasting Ltd. said
“We are really delighted to welcome such a professionally run business as Classic Gold to our growing network. It consolidates our ability to broadcast into the country’s most populous regions. We can therefore broadcast to both a selective and broad demographic of population by request.”
“As we broadcast to stations throughout the UK, we reach a combined audience larger than any single national station. By definition, the stations serve their local audiences in a more personal way, thereby offering us unique opportunities to drill down into each community like no other national network can offer.”
“Classic Gold’s proven and successful format deserves the best we can offer and we look forward to providing a service worthy of it.”
Paul Baker, Head of Programmes, Classic Gold commented:
“When we decided to make a further commitment to our sports output on the Classic Gold Digital Network, without compromising our music position, we knew we had set ourselves a challenging task.
Making sure we could deliver the latest information to sports fans and keep the balance of classic hit music just right, was our obvious concern. So we are delighted to form an alliance with Sportsmedia. This means we can be sure of top flight updates, compiled and delivered professionally in a style that compliments our regular Saturday afternoon output.
We are already enjoying the benefits of working with Sportsmedia and the reaction from listeners at this early stage is very welcoming.”
Jonny Gould, Managing Director, Sportsmedia Broadcasting Ltd. 020 8962 9001
Jo Morris, Head of Marketing, Classic Gold Digital Limited 01582 676224
· Sportsmedia Broadcasting broadcasts sports bulletins throughout the UK to independent regional and local radio stations and the BBC on FM, AM, DAB, the internet and Sky.
· Sportsmedia’s website http://www.sportonair.com/ delivers on-demand audio bulletins and exclusive interviews with managers, players and coaches and other stars from the world of sport. It also white labels this live content to other major sites.
· The bulletins are wholly funded by sponsorship from sport’s leading sponsors.
· The company is wholly privately owned, becoming the largest independent provider of packaged sports news to the radio industry.
· Classic Gold is broadcast regionally on AM in Beds, Bucks & Herts., Bournemouth, Dorset, Bradford, Bristol & Bath, Coventry & Warwickshire, Crawley & Reigate, Exeter & Torbay, Gloucester & Cheltenham, Liverpool, Norfolk/North Suffolk, Northamptonshire, Nottingham & Derby, Peterborough, Plymouth, Reading, Essex, South Yorkshire, Ipswich/Bury St Edmunds, Swindon & Wiltshire, Wolverhampton & Shropshire, Wrexham.
· Additionally it is broadcast across the network on sky digital channel 859, on DAB and at http://www.classicgolddigital.com/
· The radio station goes out nationally except for the Drive Time show, which is transmitted in 18 local areas, each with its own presenter. Classic Gold broadcasts popular tracks spanning the late sixties through to the nineties. From Abba and The Rolling Stones to Robbie Williams and Kylie.