View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
  2. Events
September 13, 2022

Joshua has ‘accepted all terms’ for blockbuster bout with Fury

A Fury-Joshua fight has been one of the most anticipated possible in boxing in recent years.

By Stu Robarts

British heavyweight boxer Anthony Joshua has accepted the terms of a fight put to him by his compatriot and heavyweight boxing champion Tyson Fury, his management company 258 MGT has said today (September 13).

The fight, which 258 says was agreed on Friday (September 9), is said to be lined up for December 3 and is understood to split the purse 60-40 in Fury’s favor.

This split was offered to Joshua by Fury in a video posted to social media on September 5.

Fury most recently defeated Dillian Whyte, another Brit, in April, after which he claimed to have retired.

However, he had subsequently given a raft of contradictory statements and now appears set to be involved in at least one more blockbuster bout.

A Fury-Joshua fight has been one of the most anticipated in boxing in recent years, although Joshua’s two recent losses to Ukrainian Oleksandr Usyk will have tempered expectations.

A matchup between the two had initially been lined up for August last year only for an arbitration hearing in the US to rule that Fury had first to face the American Deontay Wilder in the third of their meetings as part of a contractual rematch clause.

Fury went on to win that rematch, while Joshua went on to fight Usyk.

Image: Julian Finney/Getty Images

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to your inbox every weekday. The industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered to your inbox every Thursday.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU

Thank you for subscribing to Sportcal