British heavyweight boxer Anthony Joshua has accepted the terms of a fight put to him by his compatriot and heavyweight boxing champion Tyson Fury, his management company 258 MGT has said today (September 13).
Due to the Queen’s passing, it was agreed to halt all communication.
We are awaiting a response.
— 258MGT (@258mgt) September 13, 2022
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.Company Profile – free sample
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The fight, which 258 says was agreed on Friday (September 9), is said to be lined up for December 3 and is understood to split the purse 60-40 in Fury’s favor.
This split was offered to Joshua by Fury in a video posted to social media on September 5.
— TYSON FURY (@Tyson_Fury) September 5, 2022
Fury most recently defeated Dillian Whyte, another Brit, in April, after which he claimed to have retired.
However, he had subsequently given a raft of contradictory statements and now appears set to be involved in at least one more blockbuster bout.
A Fury-Joshua fight has been one of the most anticipated in boxing in recent years, although Joshua’s two recent losses to Ukrainian Oleksandr Usyk will have tempered expectations.
A matchup between the two had initially been lined up for August last year only for an arbitration hearing in the US to rule that Fury had first to face the American Deontay Wilder in the third of their meetings as part of a contractual rematch clause.
Fury went on to win that rematch, while Joshua went on to fight Usyk.
Image: Julian Finney/Getty Images