TVNW Media Group Secures Exclusive Worldwide Television and Marketing Rights for the 2006 IBSF World Snooker Team Championships
The 2006 event promises to be the biggest snooker event ever held, with 38 countries already confirmed and another ten anticipated, involving over 300 players.
Countries and regions include: UK, China, USA, France, the Netherlands, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, India, Scandinavia, Thailand, Gulf States, Japan, Malta, Belgium, Canada, Hungary, Singapore, Malaysia and South Africa.
According to the WSTC-appointed Chairman Anthony Hull, “this is an outstanding opportunity for snooker to really announce itself to the USA, the event’s first host venue. We believe the sport is ready to make a huge impact on the world’s biggest sporting market. With TVNW Media Group’s Sports Division producing live coverage of the championships as well as daily highlights, this will also be an outstanding opportunity to promote snooker on the world stage.”
TVNW Media Group’s Sports Division, headed by veteran UK producer and director Martin Perry, will provide a live signal from each day of the championships, as well as daily highlights packages for broadcasters around the world.
TVNW Media Group president Adrian Metcalfe OBE will be at the 2005 SporTel sports and television market in Monaco from 24-27 October, and can be contacted on his cell phone: + 44.779.524.8791.
Broadcasters and sponsors interested in the 2006 IBSF World Snooker Team Championships should contact either Metcalfe or Lisa Ogilvie and Catherine Davies at TVNW Media Group Sports Division head office in Vancouver, Canada: + 1 604 904 7579.
TVNW Media Group is also offering the following programming:
1. 2006 IBSF World Snooker Team Championships, San Jose, USA.
2. 2006 Nations Cup invitational soccer tournament – July, Vancouver BC.
3. 2006 Harry Jerome International Track Classic and Pacific World Cup, on 1 July.
4. 2006 and 2007 Canada Cup - Top women’s fastpitch softball tournament outside the Olympics.
5. 2006 and 2007 Odlum Brown Vancouver Open ATP and WTA tennis – August 2006.
6. 2006 Pole to Pole Journey – in-depth documentary tracks the journey of a group of young people from eight countries who make the trek from the South to North Pole using only human power.
7. 2006 Ultimate Shootout series – a dramatic made-for-TV series of golf challenges with
US$1 million prize money, sponsored by Jaguar / LandRover..
8. USL soccer – weekly live & highlights coverage from North America’s USL League, featuring 13 top Canadian and US clubs; runs April to October.
9. Making the Caps: reality-type programming to select a Chinese player to join the Vancouver Whitecaps FC soccer club, one of North America’s top franchises.
10. 2005 / 2006 Canadian Arenacross Championships –Canada’s top arenacross circuit.
11. Running the World - Sports and tourism join forces to showcase the world’s top marathons.
12. FIFA Interactive World Cup – 2005 & 2006 tournaments featuring the world’s top online soccer gamers.
TVNW's Olympic portfolio includes:
1. Back on Board with Ross Rebagliati – a 13-part reality-type “in-the-house” look at 1998 Olympic snowboard gold medalist Rebagliati’s pursuit of a comeback for the 2010 Winter Olympics in his hometown of Whistler
2. Snowboard Academy with Ross Rebagliati – a 13-part series featuring 1998 snowboard gold medalist from Canada Ross Rebagliati putting back into his sport by training young 2010 Olympic hopefuls on the 2010 Olympic courses
3. The History of 2010: The “Good old days” of winter sport in Garibaldi - Whistler. This documentary series tracks the early days of mountain climbing, skiing and hiking in the spectacular Garibaldi region before Whistler was even a glimmer in any planner’s eyes.
TVNW Media Group’s Broadcast Services division:
TVNW offers a wide range of broadcast services to assist domestic and international programme makers and broadcasters seeking to film on location in and around Vancouver – host city of the 2010 Winter Olympics. TVNW provides high quality NTSC and PAL crewing and production services, and has its own inventory of cameras and post-production equipment.
TVNW offers in-house producers, directors, sound editor, sound booth, NTSC and PAL editing, NTSC and PAL cameras, location and studio, multi-camera shoots, graphics packages, writing, research, multilingual staff, and travel and accommodation assistance.
TVNW Media Group press release.
Over the past year, TVNW Media Group’s Sports Division has become one of the leading sports television production companies operating in Canada: Managing director Martin Perry and his team have produced coverage of the ITU’s Triathlon World Cup series, FIS World Cup skiing, the 2002 FIS Snowboard World Championships, the 2003 World Weightlifting Championships, the 2002 Mountain Bike World Cup in Scotland and the 2002 and 2004 Canadian Arena Cross Championships. TVNW is also host-broadcaster of Vancouver Whitecaps FC soccer games and the Harry Jerome International Track and Field Classic and Pacific World Cup in Burnaby, BC.
Perry brings an extensive track record to the table, including Olympic Games, FIFA Football World Cup, British and international athletics and other live and post-produced major sports events. He has also produced a wide range of corporate videos, including projects for Microsoft, Evian, Nokia and Relic Entertainment, and a series of music videos for artists like Mariah Carey and Luther Vandross, Beth Orton and the Prodigy.
While in the UK, Perry created an improvised sitcom, West Heath Yard, for Channel 4, billed by UK music magazine NME as “the best music comedy on TV”. His highly successful Boardstupid series ran for five years on Channel 4 and was nominated for numerous awards. Perry was also the originating producer of the BBC’s Fantasy Football League, the comedy-based football programme that contributed to the mid-1990’s resurgence of football in the UK.
TVNW has developed a highly-regarded DVD package for the world’s largest video games producer, Electronics Arts, and the company is now working on a video game project for TV, as well as a series of documentaries, dramas and reality TV programmes.
TVNW’s president, Adrian Metcalfe is a well-respected sports television expert and a former Olympian and Commonwealth Games medalist. He is a well-known producer and rights negotiator and is presently a consultant for the following international sports federations: IAAF (athletics), AIBA (boxing) and IWF (weightlifting). He is a Director of World Snooker, a former member of UK Sport, and he received the Order of the British Empire from HRH Queen Elizabeth in 2001 for services to sport.
For further information, please contact:
Lisa Ogilvie, Marketing Director, TVNW Media Group
Tel: + 1 604 904 7579 Cell: + 1 604 250 8561
Catherine Davies, Acquisitions, TVNW Media Group
Tel: + 1 604 904 7579 Cell: + 1 604 318 4848