Agenda and first speakers revealed for Host City 2016 conference and exhibition
Now in its third year of rapid expansion, Host City is the largest meeting of cities and sports, business and entertainment events. More than 350 delegates from cross-sector events, cities and suppliers are set to attend and exhibit at Host City 2016 in Glasgow on 21 and 22 November 2016.
The Host City 2016 agenda is now published on the new www.hostcity.com website, with an impressive and rapidly growing initial list of speakers participating. The owners, organisers, hosts and enablers of the greatest events will address the critical issues and opportunities they face.
Confirmed Speakers so far include:
- Sir Craig Reedie CBE, Vice President, IOC and President, WADA
- Paul Bush OBE, Director of Events, Visit Scotland
- Sarah Lewis, Secretary General, FIS and AWOIF (Association of Winter Olympic Sports Federations)
- Dimitri Kerkentzes, Deputy Secretary General, BIE (World Expos)
- Dr. Reinhard Pfeiffer, Deputy CEO, Messe Munich
- Prof Dr Ugur Erdener, President, NOC of Turkey; Executive Board Member, IOC and WADA
- Carine Saloff-Coste, Head of Economic Development, City of Paris
- John Langford, Director of Live Entertainment, SSE Hydro & SECC
- Michael Nagy, Director, Rio Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Kulveer Ranger, Vice-President, Public Affairs and Strategic Communications, Atos UK
- Sooad Islam, Associate, Populous
- David de Behr, Head of Global Events, Aggreko
- Ignacio Packer, Secretary General, Terre des Hommes International Federation
Session topics include “Has Sport Lost Its Integrity and How Can It Win Confidence Back?”; “How Hosts can be Safe and Secure”; “Creating Entertaining Experiences for Visitors”; “Harnessing Disruptive Innovation and Digital Transformation”; and “Business Events and Economic Development”.
HOST CITY is the world’s largest international forum where global decision makers for event destinations, international federations, event owners, rights holders and suppliers can connect, create new business opportunities, generate media attention and foster new working partnerships across sporting, cultural, entertainment and business event sectors.
Cavendish Group looks forward to welcoming you to Host City 2016 at the whiskey tasting reception on 20th November, 2016.
For more information and to register visit www.hostcity.com