Soccerex European Forum Breaks New Record
The last week of March saw the third edition of Europe’s premier football business event, the Soccerex European Forum take place in Manchester. Initial figures show over 1,600 delegates attended the event, a 15% increase on 2011 and a new record for the event. The Forum was a huge success for all those in attendance and 50% of the exhibition space for the 2013 event has already been sold through onsite re-bookings alone.
Duncan Revie Soccerex CEO commented: “I’m very proud to see the European Forum continue to grow beyond our expectations. The speakers this year were excellent, the exhibition hall was bustling and as always a lot of business was done. It was an exceptional event and once again shows why Soccerex leads the way in football business.”
The event saw big names from business and football come together for 2 days of networking, learning and business including the likes of Gianni Infantino, General Secretary, UEFA, Stuart Pearce, Manager, England U-21/GB Olympic Team, Patrick Vieira, FAO Ambassador & Football Development Executive, Manchester City FC, Rafael Benitez, Former Valencia, Liverpool and Inter Milan Manager, Denni Strich, Marketing Director, Deutscher Fussball-Bund (DFB), Terry Venables, Former England Manager, Guy-Laurent Epstein, Marketing Director, UEFA, Gaizka Mendieta, Sky Sports/Former Spanish International, Niall Sloane, Director of Sport, ITV, Gary Neville, Sky Sports/Former England International, Rio Ferdinand, Manchester United, Dimitar Berbatov, Manchester United, Brian Barwick, Founding Partner, Barwick Media and Sport, Phil Thompson, Peter Reid, Bryan Robson, John Barnes, Gerard Houllier, Former Technical Director, French Football Federation and David Sheepshanks, Chairman, St George’s Park/National Football Centre.
Top news broke from the event such as:
• Stuart Pearce revels in excitement over GB football team at London 2012
• England only European country yet to sign TV deal with Uefa
• Uefa may stick with extra assistant referees even if Fifa give go-ahead to goal-line technology
• Uefa aims to make international football a TV turn-on
• Big clubs receive ref advantage - Man City's Patrick Vieira
• Vieira and Club anger at BBC interview
• Gunners' resurgence frustrates Petit
• Given Urges Villa To Spend Big
• Only Title Will Do Warns Gerard Houllier
• England Manager Shouldn’t Be Foreigner, Ex-Manager Venables Says
• An impossible job needs a special one... Robson says Mourinho can succeed Fergie
• A distinct lack of quality! Barnes claims Liverpool need at least three world-class players
– Ends –
Established in 1995, Soccerex is the leading provider of business events for the global football community. Bringing together key industry decision makers from the world of football, Soccerex provides a unique commercial environment where delegates can benefit from exclusive business opportunities, networking and bespoke educational content.
Since its launch 17 years ago, Soccerex has hosted over 26 events across five continents. The Soccerex portfolio includes an annual Global Convention complimented by regionalised Forums.
For full information about Soccerex and future Soccerex events please visit http://www.soccerex.com // call +44 (0)20 8742 7100 // email email@example.com