Made in Denmark wins the heart of every one
The golf tournament Made in Denmark this week took it to a new level in Himmerland, Jutland. 86,498 spectators and the 156 players went through all types of emotions, both on and off the course, while even more television viewers followed the event around the world.
For the second year in a row, the red and white national celebration became the signature of a tournament that combines top golf with the story of golf Made in Denmark.
Now, the last shot has been hit in Himmerland at this year’s European Tour tournament Made in Denmark. The European Tour, the players, spectators, volunteers, media, sponsors, partners and not least the promoter of the tournament are more than satisfied with the event.
Lars Larsen, owner of JYSK:
- Our goal is to continue the ambition Made in Denmark has set, to make sure we create the unique Made in Denmark atmosphere for both players and audience, and at the same time ensure that sponsors and partners feel a part of it and support the tournament, because we need them.
Flemming Astrup , promoter , Made in Denmark:
- We wanted to create a festival-like atmosphere and the audience has really stepped up the party. With the support of 1,200 volunteers and thousands of spectators, we have created a tournament in Himmerland, which once again impressed players, media, sponsors, partners and the European Tour. We need to gradually grow the tournament, so everyone can keep up - only by joint efforts and support, can we raise the bar each year.
Mikael Eriksson, tournament director, European Tour:
- It has been a fantastic week. There has been a tremendous atmosphere, which I have never before experienced in my life at a European Tour. The golf course was in great condition and the audience fantastic supportive, creating a good atmosphere.
Lars Lundov, CEO of Sport Event Denmark:
- The celebration of Soren Kjeldsen's 500th European Tour anniversary at the now world-renowned Himmerland Hill was just one example of the organizers feel for the players and the game on and off the course. Made in Denmark was in every way elevated to new heights and thus a beautiful showcase for Denmark as a golf destination.
Morten Backhausen, CEO of Danish Golf Union:
- Lars Larsen and all his team have created a fantastic tournament with a unique popular atmosphere. Made in Denmark thereby becomes a perfect opportunity to exhibit the game of golf in Denmark and completes our work with the golf talents on every level.
Winner: David Horsey, ENG
Wednesday: 5,854 (6,326 in 2014)
Thursday: 15,387 (14,112 in 2014)
Friday: 18,437 (18,884 in 2014)
Saturday: 22,698 (20,931 in 2014)
Sunday: 24,122 (22,545 in 2014)
Made in Denmark is so far ensured for three years. The total budget of Made in Denmark for 2014-2016 is about 110 million Danish kroner, raised in a collaboration between sponsors and national, regional and municipal agencies, including Sport Event Denmark and Danish Golf Union.