WISE – « Work In Sports Exhibition » Beaulieu Lausanne (SUI), 6 – 7 May 2015
Lausanne, Switzerland, February 13th, 2015 –“WISE – Work In Sports Exhibition” pursues its mission of fostering career management in sports. Registration for the 2-day event taking place in Lausanne, Switzerland on May 6-7, 2015 is now open.
Additionally to the full programme of conferences during WISE, it is also possible to register for two exclusive academic seminars, organised in conjunction with ISSUL (Institute of Sports Sciences of the University of Lausanne); one aimed at leaders of sports organisations and the other at elite athletes.
Successful and ambitious sports leaders of today and tomorrow as well as elite athletes in career transition can now register for WISE and benefit from:
- How good is your image? Hints and tips for sports professionals, athletes and students: Learn from a world renowned journalist on getting your message across (Public Speaking, Social Media, etc.).
- Sport, Sport, Sport: Meet one-on-one with selected speakers for ten minutes for a one hour period. Registration will be available on site and is on a first come first serve basis.
- Athletes Reconversion: Dedicated workshop for athletes in career transition on specific topics such as the educational path during the sports career, the transition phase, how to become an entrepreneur, etc.
- Branding and Intellectual Property : Case study on intellectual property and branding for sports organisations.
Registration also includes participation to the two gala evenings and opening ceremony on May 5 and 6. Topics and speakers for those evenings will be announced soon. The participation of Christophe Dubi, Olympic Games Executive Director from the IOC, as one of the keynote speakers on May 5 can however already be anticipated.
Academic seminars organised in conjunction with the Institute of Sports Sciences of the University of Lausanne (ISSUL)
For those sports leaders (Administrators, Directors and Managers of sports organisations) willing to better understand and lead the various aspects of their mandates, it is also possible to attend a 1.5-day seminar at ISSUL (Institute of Sports Sciences of the University of Lausanne). This additional training, complemented with the attendance to WISE 2015, will be rewarded with an authentic certificate of participation.
Objectives: Closely work with the leaders of sports organisations in the success of their initiatives and share principles and tools to establish a better governance.
- Help leaders identify the key points of success.
- Systemic governance; political and organisational
- Composition, role and working method of the Board
- Relationship with the executives and salaried directors
- Good definition: who decides what? Who manages? Who controls?
« To drive the performance of the organisation »
- Definition and performance measurement (i.e. sport, media, economy, social)
- Key factors of success and failure in leading the organisation (e.g. to position the organisation, professionalization, managing partners)
« Risk Management »
- Principles and tools of risk management (financial, technological, legal, human)
- Testimony of leadership and case studies
- Networking according to profile and participant expectations
- Attendance at relevant Conferences and Workshops
Elite athletes will benefit from a tailor-made seminar of their own. It is aimed at helping them better understand and manage the various aspects of their careers, as well as to anticipate and prepare their reconversion. It also offers the possibility to the participants to confront their multidisciplinary knowledge in management, marketing, and training against their own experience.
- To help elite athletes to better manage their careers and their two simultaneous projects (athlete’s life and reconversion or after sports career): educational path, vocational training, internship, professional projects that need to be integrated into their personal life.
- To provide a personalised support.
- To become aware of the skills developed during the sporting career transferable into the work environment.
- To discover the great diversity of careers existing within the sports world.
Details of the seminar for elite athletes will be released soon.
For additional information on the seminars or to register:
Contact: Sylvie Michaud
Phone: +41 21 601 82 12
The full Forum programme will be announced soon, stay tuned.
Online registration is open here :
It is still possible to book a booth here :
WISE is the International Convention for Careers in Sports. It offers a 360° sharing platform to leaders of today and tomorrow, as well as active and former athletes entering the business world.
The first edition in 2014 gathered ca. 900 participants from 40 countries, 40 exhibitors, 100 speakers and 3 ambassadors over 2 days.
The highlights videos can be seen here :
SINERGI Sports Consulting is a management consulting firm advising Sports Organisations and Commercial Entities in the areas of Business Development & Marketing, Recruitment, Event Planning & Management, Education & Knowledge Management – www.sinergi.ch
MCH Beaulieu Lausanne SA belongs to MCH Group, which is a leading international group of companies specialized in live marketing (Baselworld, Art Basel, also in Miami and Hong Kong). It creates first-class marketing platforms in the form of internationally and nationally leading exhibitions and offers bespoke solutions for successful participation in these exhibitions. In addition, the MCH Group provides a range of services for large numbers of corporate and public events all over the globe. – www.mch-group.com